‘And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.’
I Timothy 3:16
Angels have an attentive role in the ministry of Jesus. 1 Timothy 3:16 stresses the fact that the ministry of Jesus was seen by angels and here are some of the ways.
- They predicted the birth of Jesus (Luke 1:30-33),
- They were present at His birth (Luke 2:13-14),
- They warned of king Herod’s plot to kill Jesus (Matthew 2:19-20),
- They ministered to Jesus after the temptation of the Devil (Matthew 4:11),
- They ministered to Him in the Garden of Gethsemane (Luke 22:43),
- They rolled the stone away from His tomb (Matthew 28:2),
- They announced His resurrection (Matthew 28:5-6),
- They were present at His ascension (Acts 1:10),
- They will be with Him at His Second Coming (Matthew 24:31),
- They will separate the evil from righteous (Matthew 13:41,49).
The fact that angels have an important role in the ministry of Jesus is another testimony of His Deity. Just as they surround the throne of God and fill the presence of heaven, they also were around Jesus in His earthly ministry.
Today, angels surround us! They are ministering spirits sent to assist us in our life. Just as they were important to the ministry of Jesus so are they important to our life today. Hebrews 13:2 says, “Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!” (NLT)
Lord, I praise You in the presence of angels and in the presence of others. I make known to others Your great salvation. Help me to always know that I am protected by You.